There has been quite a few updates to the project so I figured its best to compress them all on here to let you all know how we have progresses.
Fox is hereFox is a guide, a friend, and a all round great guy. He is a central character to the gameplay. We’ve started with a basic dialogue tree, but we will be expanding this out as the game develops. Range of topics can vary!
Player LevellingWe’ve tweaked and improved the player levelling. In case you missed it, meditating/playing daily will activate a streak system, which will level up your character. Why are streaks so important? Because consistency is crucial to get the full benefits of meditation. This is why streaks are at the heart of our game.
Your character level is linked to your playne, as your character grows your playne grows with you. More details in the ‘World Evolution’ topic below.
The WorldWe wanted to create a world that is calming and we wanted nature to be at the heart of it. We spent a lot of time putting together the right assets to create a lush environment that just helps you to Zen-tf-out
Night Time + Fireflies
Dynamic Day/Night system and campfire linked to your streaksAs you maintain streaks the world will transitions from night to day and your campfire will grow. Each player level signifies a day, so when you level-up the day and campfire will reset again. But when the time/campfire resets, you should notice changes in the game world which wern’t there before. More details in the ‘World Evolution’ topic below.
World Evolution is HereYou begin the game with an empty world but it will grow as you progress. As you level up you’ll notice trees, grass, fireflies and a lot more getting added to your world. The trees will be the most visually striking element of your playne. They will start as a wee sprout and will grow to become glorious, majestic trees, as long as you maintain your streak and level up your character!
Ambient Sounds + MusicWe've added a range of deep, encompassing nature ambient sounds to your playne. There are layers of audio which transitions with the dynamic time system. Music has also been added.
Full list of fixes (from alpha) and updatesFixes / additions from alpha build:
- some dialogue audio added
- fix: Camera transitions has been added – swish!
- fix: button added to go to the beginning of the dialogue tree
- Updated HUD with level and days to level info
- You now create a streak after completing your first session
- You are now notified when you level up
- fix : Displayed level numbers are now correct
- fix : Moved player level info from bottom footer to its own space on the header
- fix : Progress bar now only resets if your streak resets
- fix : Issues resolved where first session was not getting saved
- fix : Streak status is now checked when you load the game
- Lighting has been redesigned to add more visual sass
- Moon position has been fixed
- indirect lighting recalculates correctly now on load
- various other optimisations - 30% GPU load reduced
- Ground textures have been reworded
- Optimisations to improve GPU utilisation
- fix : Start time updates so its sunny for longer